Strategically implement IIoT, Reap the benefits
Connect. Collect. Analyze. Act.
Strategically implement IIoT to deliver closed loop business operations for the refinery enterprise.
The industrial Internet of things (IIoT) plays an important role in the operation of a refinery today. The falling cost of connectivity and data storage, processes across the entire Oil & Gas value chain are now able to gather more data from more devices, assets, operations and processes than ever before. Refiners in particular, stand to gain value quickly because the existing IT infrastructure is more mature compared to upstream and midstream processes. The foundation of this operational perspective starts with the basic principle of the closed loop process – Connect, Collect, Analyze and Act.
- Connect: Connectivity among mass quantities of disparate hardware assets
- Collect: Collecting and reconciling massive volumes of diverse unstructured data
- Analyze: Contextualizing and analyzing that data into actionable information
- Act: Closing the loop on the information provided with actions that deliver operational benefits
Schneider Electric’s approach to IoT delivers higher value at lower cost and risk to the Refining industry because:
- Its closed-loop framework enables Operational Excellence by helping business stakeholders to take a process-focused approach that quickly identifies and builds the business case
- Its breadth and depth of products and services in Schneider Electric’s portfolio offers greater choices and flexibility to solutions architects in designing a path to IoT that best meets the needs of an individual client
Register now to download the whitepaper.
For more information on digitally transforming and optimizing your operations using IIoT software systems, download our free whitepaper. It discusses the four stages of Schneider Electric’s framework that guides the architecture of an integrated refinery information management system and the value it provides for refineries.